Source: Swiss-Sure Media February 15, 2018Click here for more.
– Understand before you buy… When Richie discovered his company’s plans to cut costs by down-grading their health insurance, he immediately thought of his wife Michelle and their plans to have another baby. They had relied on the corporate plan for the birth of their first child and were planning on doing the same next time around. Knowing that maternal benefit was to be cut, Richie and Michelle scrambled around for private health cover to replace the lost benefit. They contacted ...Click here for more.
– Think outside the box… Elsa was in the middle of a three month back-packing trip around South East Asia following her graduation from university. While visiting an elephant sanctuary in northern Thailand her DSLR camera went missing – presumed stolen. She had taken out travel insurance prior to her trip and was aware that she needed to try to file a report at a police station for formal documentation to enable her to make a claim for the loss against her insurance. However, since ...Click here for more.
- Off balance, but on guard... It was a beautiful sunny day in Bangkok. Richie had just finished his first week of work after relocating to Thailand. In the last 6 years he had been posted to Jakarta, Shanghai and Ho Chi Minh City and was enjoying his first weekend off following his latest move. He had just jumped onto the back of a departing bus, which at that precise moment had begun to depart, catching Richie off balance and sending him falling to the pavement below. He broke his ...Click here for more.
Do you consider insurance to be mystifying yet unavoidable part of life? Does an insurance policy look like some kind of alien scripture to you? Or have you been told insurance is a scam to part you from your hard-earned cash? If you find yourself agreeing to some or all the questions, then don’t worry you are not alone. May I first introduce myself; yours truly is your everyday student bathing in the joyous and relatively carefree cradle of university. However, with the daunting prospect ...Click here for more.
- Left Unprotected... When John Smith first started as an expat in Hong Kong, his company offered him complete in & out medical insurance covering his every possible need. As a result, he did not take out any medical insurance. Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with coronary heart disease one month before he left his current job for a new company. While his insurance at his current company covers all expenses for the required treatment, due to the diagnosis being dated prior his move, ...Click here for more.
- The Tripping Tree... A petrol head recently added two cars to his collection. One of them is an everyday work horse kind of family saloon while the other one is a gorgeous Italian sports car. He took out insurance on both of them, however, he only took out comprehensive insurance for his favorite sports car, while choosing a minimum third party insurance for the family saloon. Rather unfortunately, when a typhoon hit Hong Kong last week, both vehicles were totally written off by a fallen ...Click here for more.
-Typhoon Trouble... Tam and Smith are looking forward to their 10 years’ anniversary getaway to Thailand. To their horror, typhoon Kai Tak is hitting Hong Kong on the day of their travel. With this knowledge, they immediately take out travel insurance; in the hope of covering their losses due to cancelled flights and lost hotel bookings. In the end the insurance policy wouldn’t payout - the insurer declined the claim - although it was clearly stated in the terms that travel disruption ...Click here for more.
Hong Kong-based insurance broker Swiss-Sure Company Limited continues its long term involvement with worthwhile causes by affirming its support of the Hong Kong health and wellness NGO, The Wellbeing Society. Ever since its establishment in 1988, Swiss-Sure as a company has been characterized by its support for charity. A great example is looking back at how the company celebrated its 5th year of operations; donating money to the world’s only charity flying eye hospital, Orbis. A few ...Click here for more.
Life insurance can be one of the most complex and confusing types of insurance products available to individuals and groups of people. Insurance brokers Swiss-Sure Company Limited offer advice on the myriad of life insurance options that are available to individuals in the Hong Kong insurance market. Life insurance comes with a number of different structures, quite often with investment-linked aspects. While the Hong Kong insurance market will offer a number of options to consumers, we at ...Click here for more.